The following is a list of things I’d love to be able to make well.. I add to it over time, but it’s hard to cook out of your comfort zone all the time.
- Doughnuts see here!
- My own puff pastry – learned what to do and what not to do!! see here!
- Meringues (even if I hate them, they should not be beyond my grasp!) see the bottom of this post!
- Bagels see here!
Soufflé– sort of, see here
- Beef Wellington
- Baked Alaska
Profiteroles– sort of, here, though a little different
- Pizza (Cheat version here and real, yeast version here)
- Pumpkin pie (with real, not canned pumpkin)
- Pasta see here (scroll down)!
- Ravioli of some sort – see pic no. 5 – need to perfect it, though
- Turkish Manti done here!
- My own pesto (preferably with home-grown basil)
- Good Mole
- Gnocchi done here!
- A good quenelle
- Mille feuille click here!
- Dauphinoise gratin (harder than it looks, apparently)
- Chocolate eclairs
- Lemon meringue pie
- Key lime pie
- Custard slices
Bakewell tartdone, finally, here